InElden Ring,a Remembrance is something demigod or legend bosses drop after you beat them. You can turn these Remembrances into an exorbitant amount of Runes or exchange them for a weapon or spell.
Table Of Contents
How to Use a Remembrance in Elden Ring
The weapon or spell you get from a Remembrance is familiar to the boss you get it from. You may get the weapon the boss wields or a spell they use against you during their boss battle. You can head to Enia at the Roundtable Hold to exchange a Remembrance for a certain weapon or spell.
Take note that Remembrances hold two items. However, a Remembrance can only be exchanged once. If you want to get the two items the Remembrance offers, you’ll need to find a Walking Mausoleum to duplicate it.
There are 15 Remembrances inElden Ring,but only seven Walking Mausoleums exist. Be sure to pick which Remembrance you want to duplicate. Otherwise, you can simply jump to New Game Plus and obtain a boss’ Remembrance again to obtain their other item.
Remembrance of the Regal Ancestor
The Remembrance dropped by the Regal Ancestor in Nokron, Eternal City. The following are items you can exchange this Remembrance for.
- Winged Greathorn – The Winged Greathorn is a greataxe fashioned from the horn of the Regal Ancestor. Its Ash of War, the Soul Stifler, summons dark specters around the user which lowers the defense of enemies within the area of effect.
- Ancestral Spirit’s Horn – This item is a talisman that restores 3 FP each time you defeat an enemy. Pure mage builds can benefit from this talisman.
It can also be used to gain 30,000 Runes.
Remembrance of the Naturalborn
The Remembrance dropped by Astel, Naturalborn of the Void. This is a boss you can fight by interacting with the coffin at the crest of the scarlet rot waterfall in the Grand Cloister. You can trade this for either an Ash of War or a Flail weapon.
- Waves of Darkness – This Ash of War creates three pulsing AOE waves around the player as they plunge their weapon into the ground, similar to the pulsing AOE attack done by Astel.
- Bastard’s Stars – This Flail’s most impressive function is its Ash of War: Nebula. When performed, it spews specks of dark stars across the player before exploding. This is also similar to the attack done by Astel.
When used instead of trading it with Enia, it grants 40,000 Runes.
Remembrance of the Lichdragon
This Remembrance is dropped by Lichdragon Fortissax, an enemy you can fight after entering Godwyn’s dream during Fia’s quest line in Deeproot Depths. You have the option to obtain one of two incantation spells from this Remembrance.
- Fortissax’s Lightning Spear – This incantation creates a lighting AOE attack surrounding the player after the caster takes two lightning spears and thrust them to the ground one after the other.
- Death Lightning – This incantation summons streaks of lightning to strike around the caster which also inflicts death blight. After striking the ground, the lightning leaves death blight smoke for a few seconds.
This Remembrance can be used to gain 30,000 Runes.
Remembrance of the Fire Giant
The Remembrance of the Fire Giant can provide you with a very distinct-looking whip weapon or a fire incantation that can burn multiple surrounding enemies at once.
- Giant’s Red Braid – A whip fashioned from a giant’s hair. This is a fairly decent weapon that scales with Strength and Faith. Its Ash of War, the Flame Dance, covers the whip in fire as you swing it around you to damage surrounding enemies.
- Burn, O Flame! – The Burn, O Flame! incantation summons pillars of fire around you as you put both hands on the ground. The AOE is massive, making it perfect for dealing with multiple enemies at once.
If used instead of traded, the Remembrance of the Fire Giant will grant you 30,000 Runes.
Remembrance of the Grafted
This is the Remembrance dropped by Godrick the Grafted. These are the items you can obtain from this Remembrance.
- Axe of Godrick – A Greataxe that comes with the I Command Thee, Kneel! Ash of War. The weapon is the same axe Godrick uses and the Ash of War is the attack he does that shatters the ground around him.
- Grafted Dragon – The Grafted Dragon is a Fist weapon — the same fist weapon variation Godrick uses during the second phase of his fight. Its Ash of War, Bear Witness!, spews a volley of flames across the player.
You can also use the Remembrance to obtain 20,000 Runes.
Remembrance of the Full Moon Queen
The Remembrance you get after defeating Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon. With this Remembrance, you can either obtain her sorcery scepter or a sorcery spell. Of course, you can obtain both if you duplicate this Remembrance.
- Rennala’s Full Moon – This sorcery spell is the same one Rennala uses when she encases herself into a small moon before hurling it towards the player. The spell requires a high 70 Intelligence, which means it can only be used if you dedicate your points to Intelligence, creating a sorcery mage build. Dedicating that many points to Intelligence for this spell can be worthwhile given how much damage this can do.
- Carian Regal Scepter – The scepter of the Queen of the Full Moon. It has a 60-Intelligence requirement. Like the spell mentioned previously, this is only useful for Intelligence builds. However, it isn’t the most powerful scepter in the game, which means you’re better off obtaining the spell over this scepter.
The Remembrance of the Full Moon Queen can also be used to gain 20,000 Runes.
Remembrance of the Blasphemous
This is the Remembrance dropped by Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy. It can offer a sorcery spell or a greatsword.
- Rykard’s Rancor – This sorcery spell summons fiery skulls that follow enemies and continuously explode after a short delay. This is similar to the skulls Rykard summons during the second phase of his fight.
- Blasphemous Blade – The weapon Rykard uses during the second phase of the boss fight. It restores 4% of your HP + 40 whenever you defeat an enemy. Its Ash of War, the Taker’s Flames, also heals 10% of your HP + 150 when landing a hit.
When used, the Remembrance grants 50,000 Runes.
Remembrance of the Starscourge
This is the Remembrance of Starscourge Radahn. Those who are planning to cosplay as this great demigod can do so much more accurately by obtaining the two weapons this Remembrance can provide.
- Starscourge Greatsword – This is the greatsword Radahn wields during the boss fight with him. Its most unique feature is that two-handing the weapon will instead have you dual-wield the two greatswords, giving you two swords for one weapon.
- Lion Greatbow – The same greatbow Radahn wields. Its Ash of War, the Radahn’s Rain, is the same aerial AOE attack Radahn uses during the run-up phase of the fight.
Alternatively, the Remembrance can be used to gain 40,000 Runes.
Remembrance of the Omen King
You obtain the Remembrance of the Omen King after defeating Morgott in Leyndell. Morgott’s Remembrance is the only one in the game that can offer a tool instead of a weapon, spell, or talisman.
- Morgott’s Cursed Sword – This is the curved greatsword wielded by Morgott during the fight. Its Ash of War is similar to the forward-dash attack Morgott does where he follows it up with a slash that leaves a trail of exploding flames. The weapon also deals blood loss, making it perfect for those who prefer weapons that bleed enemies.
- Regal Omen Bairn – This tool, when used, summons wraiths that chase enemies. This item consumes 50 FP whenever used.
The Remembrance can provide 30,000 Runes when used instead of traded.
Remembrance of the Blood Lord
The Remembrance dropped by Mohg, Lord of Blood in Mohgwyn Palace. Here are the items you can get from this Remembrance.
- Mohgwyn’s Sacred Spear – This is the same spear Mohg uses during the fight. Its Ash of War is the Bloodboon Ritual. It is similar to the “Nihil!” attack Mogh does during the boss fight. However, instead of healing you, explosions of blood happen whenever the spear pierces the Formless Mother. It will also coat the weapon with Bloodflame for a few seconds afterward.
- Bloodboon – The Bloodboon incantation is the same spell Mohg uses when he trusts the Formless Mother above and spews bloodflame across.
This Remembrance can instead be used to obtain 30,000 Runes
Every Elden Ring Achievement (and How to Get Them)
Remembrance of the Rot Goddess
The Remembrance of the Rot Goddess is dropped by Malenia, Blade of Miquella in Miquella’s Haligtree. The following are the items that you can obtain for trading this Remembrance.
- Hand of Malenia – This is the katana Malenia uses. Its most notable feature is its Ash of War, the Waterfowl Dance. This is the same infamous move Malenia does during the fight where she hovers in the air for a few seconds before slashing down at you for what seems like forever.
- Scarlet Aeonia – This is a scarlet rot incantation. It’s the same attack she does at the beginning of the second phase.
The Remembrance of the Rot Goddess can give 50,000 Runes when used.
Remembrance of the Black Blade
This is the Remembrance you obtain after defeating Maliketh the Black Blade. With this Remembrance, you can either obtain Maliketh’s weapon or his most prominent skill.
- Maliketh’s Black Blade – The very same awesome-looking black blade Maliketh uses. This colossal sword weapon scales with Strength and Faith and comes with the Destined Death Ash of War. This is the same attack Maliketh uses when he thrusts his sword to the ground and summons streaks of black and red blades around him. When hitting an enemy, their total HP will be momentarily reduced.
- Black Blade – This is a powerful incantation that’s the same as Maliketh’s attacks when he twirls around in the air and hurls shockwaves at you. The difference with this incantation is that you can only do two succeeding attacks.
You can use this Remembrance instead to obtain 30,000 Runes.
Remembrance of Hourah Loux
This is the Remembrance you get after defeating Godfrey, First Elden Lord or Hoarah Loux, Warrior in his second phase. The following are the items you can get from this Remembrance.
- Axe of Godfrey – This is the same colossal weapon Godfrey uses. Aside from being capable of dealing an immense amount of damage, its Ash of War, the Regal Roar, is also very powerful. This Ash of War is the same move Godfrey does when he winds up before powerfully stomping his right leg, sending a shockwave around him. This Ash of War can then be chained into a strong-attack combo.
- Hourah Loux’s Earthshaker – This is Ash of War has you slam the ground two times in a row, shaking the ground around you while dealing huge damage.
The Remembrance of Hoarah Loux can also be used to obtain 30,000 Runes.
Remembrance of the Dragonlord
The Remembrance of the Dragonlord is dropped by Dragonlord Placidusax, a boss you can fight in a hidden area in Crumbling Farum Azula. The Remembrance can grant you either a heavy thrusting sword or a powerful incantation.
- Dragon King’s Cragblade – The Dragon King’s Cragblade is an impressive heavy thrusting sword that scales with Dexterity. The most impressive aspect of the weapon is the Ash of War that comes with it. The Thundercloud Form transforms the caster into a small thundercloud while dashing through the air before plunging towards an enemy. This attack is similar to when Dragonlord Placidusax turns into a thundercloud as he flies overhead around you.
- Placidusax’s Ruin – This is a dragon incantation that momentarily transforms your head into that of the Dragonlord’s as you spew golden fire to your enemies.
You can gain 30,000 Runes by using this Remembrance.
This is the Remembrance you get for defeating the final boss in the game, the Elden Beast. This Remembrance can grant you one of two fairly decent Faith-based weapons.
- Marika’s Hammer – The same hammer Radagon uses. Not only can this weapon be decent in PvP and PvE combat, but it’s also very interesting to use the very same hammer that shattered the Elden Ring in the game. Its Ash of War is the same attack Radagon does when he hovers in the air for a few seconds before dashing towards you while slashing his hammer.
- Sacred Relic Sword – A smaller version of the same sword the Elden Beast uses against you. Its Ash of War sends golden waves that burst from the ground that travels forward. This is great for dealing with waves of enemies at once.
When used instead of traded, this Remembrance grants 50,000 Runes.
Can’t Duplicate Remembrances in Elden Ring? Here’s Why
What to choose from each Remembrance Elden Ring? ›
- 1 Remembrance Of The Blasphemous - Blasphemous Blade.
- 2 Remembrance Of The Starscourge - Starscourge Greatsword. ...
- 3 Elden Remembrance - Sacred Relic Sword. ...
- 4 Remembrance Of The Blood Lord - Mohgwyn's Sacred Spear. ...
- 5 Remembrance Of The Fire Giant - Giant's Red Braid. ...
There are a total of 15 Remembrances to collect across Elden Ring, giving players a lot of potential new weapons and spells to unlock with them. Not all of them come during the main bosses, so you can miss the majority of them if you don't explore enough of the Lands Between.Which remembrances should I use? ›
These are the Remembrances you should prioritize when deciding which one to duplicate in Elden Ring: Remembrance of the Full Moon Queen. Remembrance of the Starscourge. Remembrance of the Blasphemous.Are Remembrance weapons worth it? ›
Remembrances are worth a lot, anywhere between 20,000 and 50,000 Runes. But, selling your Remembrances isn't the smartest option in most situations. Elden Ring offers plenty of rune-farming methods to earn Runes, which can't be said for Remembrances.Which remembrance grants the most runes? ›
Remembrance of the Full Moon
Using the Remembrance will grant the player 20,000 Runes. Can only be duplicated at Walking Mausoleums with a bell underneath.
- 8 Morgott's Cursed Sword.
- 7 Hand Of Malenia.
- 6 Sacred Relic Sword.
- 5 Starscourge Greatsword.
- 4 Carian Regal Scepter.
- 3 Maliketh's Black Blade.
- 2 Mohgwyn's Sacred Spear.
- 1 Blasphemous Blade.
That said, each Walking Mausoleum in Elden Ring can only be used once, and there are just seven of them to be found across the map. This means that players will not be able to duplicate every Remembrance in the game, as there are 15 of them in total, and some fans may wonder which ones they should prioritize.Can you duplicate full moon remembrance? ›
Remembrances can be duplicated at a Walking Mausoleum. Only one remembrance may be duplicated per mausoleum, and only one time.Do remembrances carry over to New game Plus? ›
Spellbooks, Scrolls, and Prayerbooks (Spells learned from trading in spellbooks will still carry over if purchased before starting NG+) Boss Remembrances (The items you are rewarded will remain - so activate the remembrances before starting NG+.Can you duplicate remembrance after using? ›
It also doesn't matter if you've already used the Remembrance, either to get the runes or in exchange for its boss weapon. As long as you received it from the boss, you have the option to duplicate it once. There are also different types of Wandering Mausoleum.
What should I choose from godrick remembrance? ›
The Remembrance of the Grafted is a consumable item you receive after defeating the boss Godrick the Grafted. Once obtained, you can trade it for one of two weapons to equip. The first of these weapons is the fist weapon called the Grafted Dragon, while the second is called the Axe of Godrick.Should I duplicate Radahn remembrance? ›
If you're thinking of duplicating Radahn's remembrance for the ability to dual-wield the Starscrouge Sword, don't!What is the best remembrance for magic in Elden Ring? ›
- 1 Placidusax's Ruin.
- 2 Black Blade. ...
- 3 Rykard's Rancor. ...
- 4 Fortissax's Lightning Spear. ...
- 5 Scarlet Aeonia. ...
- 6 Bloodboon. ...
- 7 Rennala's Full Moon. ...
- 8 Burn, O Flame! ...
Unfortunately, once Remembrances are turned into runes, they're gone until a New Game Plus is started, in which players will have to defeat the same bosses once again to earn them - only the bosses get stronger with each restart.Is the Blasphemous Blade good? ›
The Blasphemous Blade is a fantastic weapon for those using Strength/Faith builds.Is the Grafted Dragon or AXE better? ›
The Grafted Dragon is the better option to take as it opens up a decent off-hand weapon art that can do damage over time. It also does not have as harsh of a level requirement to use, unlike the Axe of Godrick.What is the strongest Great Rune? ›
- 7 Rykard's Great Rune.
- 6 Mohg's Great Rune.
- 5 Great Rune Of The Unborn.
- 4 Radahn's Great Rune.
- 3 Morgott's Great Rune.
- 2 Malenia's Great Rune.
- 1 Godrick's Great Rune.
1 Malenia, Blade of Miquella / Malenia, Goddess of Rot
The rest of the fight has a beautiful and deadly rhythm to it, one worthy of the hardest boss in Elden Ring. The satisfaction that comes from finally defeating this seemingly impossible (and optional) boss is perhaps unmatched throughout all FromSoftware titles.
Marika's Hammer: It's difficult to ever recommend Marika's Hammer over the Sacred Relic Blade. They have comparable weapon skills, but the Sacred Relic Blade is infinitely more useful in its ability to farm mobs.What is the hardest hitting weapon in Elden Ring? ›
Giant-Crusher: An exceptional Strength-oriented Colossal Weapon with some of the most damaging and poise-breaking heavy and jumping attacks in all of Elden Ring.
What is the most unique weapon in Elden Ring? ›
The Nox Flowing Sword is one of Elden Ring's strangest weapons thanks to its weapon skill, Flowing Form. At first glance, this weapon is nothing more than a curved sword that does slash damage to its enemies.Can you duplicate Melania's remembrance? ›
Once you destroy the white crystal spots, the Walking Mausoleum will fall. Careful not to stand under it as it will kill you. Once the Mausoleum is down, you are able to enter through the door and access the remains that allow you to duplicate a Remembrance.Is Axe of Godrick good? ›
3 The Axe Of Godrick Suits A Slow But Powerful Playstyle
For players who enjoy dealing a ton of damage with slow, yet hard-hitting swings, the Axe of Godrick is a great choice. Its unique weapon skill is called "I Command Thee, Kneel!" in which the player releases a series of powerful shockwaves.
They can be duplicated at Walking Mausoleums, but only once per mausoleum and remembrance. Remembrances are kept in New Game+.Is Queen of the Full Moon set good? ›
Queen of the Full Moon Set excels in defensive stats. It also provides the best Magic and Fire Damage negation. Raya Lucarian Sorcerer Set provides a balanced Physical and Magic Damage negation. It should be preferred in the early stages of the game.What happens if you use the Remembrance of the Full Moon Queen? ›
Remembrance of the Full Moon Queen is a consumable tool in Elden Ring. It can either be used by hand to gain 20000 Runes, or be given to Finger Reader Enia in exchange for either the Carian Regal Scepter or Rennala's Full Moon.What does Rennala give you? ›
What Do You Get For Beating Rennala? After you beat the killer queen, you get a whopping 40.000 runes and two very important items, the Great Rune of the Unborn and Remembrance of the Full Moon Queen.Do Larval Tears Respawn? ›
There are a limited number of Larval Tears in the world of Elden Ring - each time you play through the game (or in each New Game+ cycle) there are a healthy handful to pick up, but they don't respawn until you start a new run-through.What is the max level in Elden Ring? ›
What Is The Max Level in Elden Ring? How Many Runes Are Needed To Reach it? To level up in Elden Ring, you must spend runes to purchase stat points. Each of the eight stats caps at 99, so the absolute maximum level in Elden Ring is 713.Do bell bearings carry over to NG+? ›
One of the biggest new additions in the update is that Bell Bearings, which unlock upgrade materials and other crucial items for purchase at the Twin Maiden Husks, now carry over into New Game Plus, meaning you only need to find them once to have them forever.
Can you duplicate Malenias remembrance after using it? ›
To duplicate the Remembrance of the Rot Goddess for the second trade-in reward or for extra Runes, find a Walking Mausoleum with a bell. Walking Mausoleums with bells are used to duplicate the Remembrances of Shardbearer bosses, including Godrick, Rennala, Radahn, Morgott, Rykard, Mohg, and of course Malenia.Can you duplicate Rykard's Remembrance? ›
If the second alternative is chosen, Remembrance of the Blasphemous will supply the player with Rykard's Rancor or Blasphemous Blade. See Remembrance Weapons (Boss Weapons) for details. Remembrances can be duplicated at a Walking Mausoleum. Only one remembrance may be duplicated per mausoleum, and only one time.What should I do after duplicating remembrance? ›
Once you've duplicated it, you can take it to the Finger Reader NPC in Roundtable Hold to select your boss item. Note that once you duplicate a Remembrance, you'll need to find another Walking Mausoleum for each additional duplication.What is the best choice for Remembrance of the Grafted Elden Ring? ›
The Grafted Dragon is the better option to take as it opens up a decent off-hand weapon art that can do damage over time. It also does not have as harsh of a level requirement to use, unlike the Axe of Godrick.Which Remembrance is best Elden Ring? ›
- Maliketh's Black Blade (Remembrance of the Black Blade) ...
- Dragon King's Cragblade (Remembrance of the Dragonlord) ...
- Hand of Malenia (Remembrance of the Rot Goddess) ...
- Starscourge Greatsword (Remembrance of the Starscourge) ...
- Sacred Relic Greatsword (Elden Remembrance)
Remembrance of the Grafted can either be sold or consumed for 20,000 Runes, or handed to Enia in Roundtable Hold to unlock its power. If the second alternative is chosen, Remembrance of the Grafted will supply the player with Axe of Godrick or Grafted Dragon armaments.Is Axe of Godrick worth it? ›
For players who enjoy dealing a ton of damage with slow, yet hard-hitting swings, the Axe of Godrick is a great choice. Its unique weapon skill is called "I Command Thee, Kneel!" in which the player releases a series of powerful shockwaves.Is it worth it to use the Remembrance of the Grafted? ›
The Remembrance of the Grafted is a useful item that will allow players access to unique weapons and abilities that Godrick uses. This Remembrance can be brought to Enia the Finger Reader in Roundtable Hold, who will become available only after players slay their first demigod boss and receive their first Remembrance.Should you duplicate the Remembrance of the Grafted? ›
The Elden Remembrance, the Remembrance of the Blasphemous, and the Remembrance of the Rot God all meet that criteria, as they each sell for 50,000 Runes. Fans are advised to hold off on using their duplications in this way, though, as there are many other opportunities to earn Runes fast in Elden Ring.